Indie Singer/Songwriter, Edwin Vazquez, has been making his mark around the NYC art scene for quite some time now, electrifying audiences with his spiritual song lyrics that touch the hearts and minds of people from all walks of life. Although he is of Puerto Rican descent, (and has been featured on Telemundo’s El Show de Jackie – one of the largest Latino networks) his music reaches out to Africans, Caucasians, Latinos, Indians and Asians because of his universal messages of love, forgiveness, and compassion for all of humanity… Isn’t that the way to tis the season!
For the Holidays, we asked this gypsy soul singer to answer 7 questions so that audiences can get to know the man behind the music.
- We know that you carry yourself as a Conscious Artist because your songs carry messages of peace and divine truth. But everyone has favorites. Name 3 of your songs that you feel carry the strongest or most important messages.
- Which major Artists have you collaborated with in the studio or on stage? Describe the synergistic experience.
- How do you infuse your music into other forms of Art? Example. musicals, commercial jingles, movie scores, birthday parties, etc. What were some of the creative ways you cross marketed with those companies?
- Do you have Christmas songs? And what is (or was) your religion? How do you personally feel about the Holidays?
- What is your new years resolution? Where do you envision your career in 2015?
- Tell us a little about your manager and band members. How do they inspire you and keep you going.
- What advice do you give to other musicians? And do you believe that we should all be conscious Artists?